Grilling Tips from Butchers Alley
1. Know your grill – where the hot spots are and how long to preheat.
2. Keep that lid closed. It’s tempting to open your grill lid to check on your food, but it allows heat to escape and can cause uneven cooking and dry meat.
3. Try using hardwood chips to add a smoky flavor to grilled meats and vegetables. Try our cedar planks for grilling fish, available in store.
4. Always clean your grill grates after each use and grease them up before each use, vegetable oil with a high smoke point works best.
5. Leave your food alone. The less touching and turning the better. Only flip meat once after grill marks have formed.